Verification Plans Overcome Hope-Based Coverage
by Don Dingee
Coverage is an important yet elusive metric for design verification. It often seems 90% of coverage comes with 10% of the effort, and getting the final 10% covered takes the remaining 90% of a project. Usually, it takes another tool or methodology to get at the 10% the first tool missed. With 100% closure difficult, most teams inspect what hasn’t been covered and make value decisions as to if those areas are important enough to bring in another tool and keep refining test cases.
For the rest of this article, please visit Semiwiki.