Randall Fulton, FAA Consultant DER, to present DO-254 Training Seminar hosted by Aldec in Las Vegas, NV
Early Registration Deadline September 30, 2011
Las Vegas, NV – September 12, 2011 Aldec is pleased to announce that FAA Consultant DER, Randall Fulton, will present an upcoming DO-254 Training Seminar in Las Vegas, NV. Randall Fulton is an FAA Consultant DER with 33 years of Electrical Engineering experience emphasizing software and electronic hardware development and verification.
1-Day DO-254 Training Seminar
Topic: Optimizing Requirements for VerificationThursday, November 17, 2011
8:00am to 5:00pm followed by cocktail reception
Mandalay Bay Hotel - Las Vegas, Nevada
This seminar will cover:
- Aerospace industry background for establishing requirements for AEH, including the flow down from ARP-4754 to RTCA/DO-254.
- Emphasis on requirements writing skills to help developers organize requirements by functional elements.
- Illustration of examples of test cases and test benches to verify requirements, focusing on a strategy to develop one set of test cases that translates to simulation testbenches and in-circuit test procedures.
You will learn:
- How to write, organize and optimize requirements for verification.
- How to make verification less difficult, less expensive, less time consuming.
- The difference between requirements and design.
- How to perform Elemental Analysis according to RTCA/DO-254 Appendix B for Levels A and B hardware.
- The definition of a functional element.
- How to express functions.
Early Registration $699.00 thru September 30, 2011
Regular Rate $899.00
For more information, please complete Online Inquiry, call 702.990.4400 or email email@example.com.
About Presenter, Randall Fulton
Mr. Fulton has a BSEE from the Pennsylvania State University and earned his FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) credentials in software and programmable logic devices (PLD) while working at Boeing Commercial Aircraft. As a DER, Mr. Fulton has had approval authority for PLDs since 1997 and has worked numerous Part 23 and Part 25 certification programs with field programmable gate arrays (FPGA), application specific integrated circuits (ASIC) and software. Mr. Fulton co-taught the DO-254 practitioners course for RTCA in Washington DC from 2006 to 2009, and Mr. Fulton is also an instructor for the Airborne Electronic Hardware Job Functions class for the FAA at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City. Mr. Fulton’s recent projects with DO-254 include the primary flight controls actuation for the Boeing 787-8, lateral control electronics for the Boeing 747-8, spoiler and flap systems for the Learjet 85, input/output modules for Rockwell Collins ProFusion integrated modular avionics (IMA) and commercial off the shelf data packages for graphics processors used in display systems.
Aldec Inc., headquartered in Henderson, Nevada, is an industry leader in Electronic Design Verification and offers a patented technology suite including: RTL Design, RTL Simulators, Hardware-Assisted Verification, Design Rule Checking, IP Cores, DO-254 Functional Verification and Military/Aerospace solutions.www.aldec.com