HES7DB-SoC System-on-Chip Daughter Card
HES7DB-SoC daughter card was designed to extend capabilities of HES boards providing the ARM Cortex A9 dual-core CPU in a programmable Xilinx Zynq-7000 device. It also contains peripherals such as USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, HDMI that are commonly used in SoC designs. The three typical use cases of HES7DB-SoC board are as follows:
- Peripheral board for In-Circuit-Emulation and physical prototyping.
- SoC processor subsystem model where ARM Cortex A9 in Zynq module connects with the rest of the SoC emulated in main HES boards via AXI interconnect IP.
- Design testbench host where ARM Cortex A9 in Zynq module runs a testbench application that drives design under test emulated in HES boards via AXI interconnect IP.
The following block diagram shows the HES7DB-SoC daughter card connected with the HES7XV4000BPX. Configurations containing other HES boards with BPX backplane connectors are also available.
Xilinx Zynq-7000 & ARM Subsystem
- Xilinx Zynq-7000 module ( XC7Z045-FFG676), dual core ARM Cortex A9 MPCore
- 128MB of DDR3 (4x MT41J256M8HX-15E)
- 4Gb of NAND Flash (MT29F4G08ABBDAH)
- 64Mb of SPI Flash (W25Q64DW)
- Micro-SD Card socket (up to 16GB Micro-SD cards supported)
- ARM JTAG 20 pin connector
Components & Interfaces
- 5x Gigabit Ethernet PHY (88E1116R)
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module (WL1271)
- USB 2.0 OTG (TUSB6020)
- USB 2.0 Device (FT2232H)
- USB 2.0 Host (FT311D) targeted at bridging external non USB devices to Android controlled portable devices.
- HDMI 1.4 Out - 225 MHz High Performance Transmitter (ADV7511)
- RS232 transceiver
- Stereo audio codec (SGTL5000XNAA3)
- DDR2 SO-DIMM
- SPI Flash (W25Q64DW)
- I2C Flash (4x M24M01)
- NAND Flash (MT29F4G08ABBDAH) and socket for additional module
- SD Card slot
- 2x oscillators 100 MHz, 200 MHz
- 1x clock for SATA (150 MHz)
- Full size BPX main board connector:
- High speed (25 Gbps) connectors: MOLEX 76560 series (mates with 76150 series)
- HDMI receptacle
- USB 2.0 Standard A, B, Mini-B receptacles
- 5x RJ45 ethernet receptacles
- External I2C & SPI connector (10 pin)
- 2x DB-9 connectors for RS232
- GPIO connector (40 pin / 20 GPIO)
- ARM debug connector - Cortex Debug+ETM
- Analog audio Line-IN, Line-OUT connectors