Scalable, Flexible Prototyping Solution
HES-7™ provides SoC/ASIC hardware verification and software validation teams with a scalable and high quality FPGA-based ASIC prototyping solution backed with an industry leading 1-year limited warranty. Each HES-7 board with dual Xilinx® Virtex®-7 2000T has 4 million FPGA logic cells or up to 24 million ASIC gates of capacity, not including the DSP and memory resources.
The HES-7 prototyping solution was architected to allow for easy implementation and expansion. Using only one or two large FPGAs, rather than multiple low density FPGAs, HES-7 does not require as much labor-intensive partitioning or tool expense. Using a non-proprietary HES-7 backplane connector, HES-7 can easily expand prototype capacity up to 96 million ASIC gates and can include the expansion of daughter boards.
ARM Cortex Support
HES-7 supports ARM® dual-core Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Xilinx® Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoC, allowing designers to leverage the serial processing capabilities of the Cortex-A9 processor for applications that require intensive computations and operating systems with the parallel processing capabilities of HES-7 ASIC prototyping platform to create applications across a diverse range of markets including: Video, Communications, Control Systems and Bridging.
The 4 to 96 million ASIC gate scalable capacity of HES-7, coupled with open-source Linux, Android, and FreeRTOS solutions available from Xilinx, delivers a powerful verification platform for HW/SW design teams.
Prototyping with HES-7
- Available in a scalable capacity from 4 to 96 million ASIC gates
- Single and Dual FPGA Configurations Reduce Complex Partitioning
- Non-Proprietary daughterboard connectors
- Superior Quality Backed by Industry Leading 1-Year Warranty
- Lowers Cost of Overall ASIC Prototype Process
Support for Xilinx Zynq
- Utilize ARM dual-core Cortex-A9 MPCore Microprocessor
- Maximum Frequency of up to 1 GHz
- Enhanced with NEON Extension and Single & Double Precision Floating point unit
- 32 kB Instruction & 32 Data kB L1 Cache
- Integrated processing platform with FPGA logic reduces bill-of-material (BOM) up to 40
- Free open-source Linux, Android, and FreeRTOS solutions available from Xilinx
Essential SoC Peripherals Included
- Media Interfaces – Ethernet PHY 10/100/1000, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, USB 2.0 DEVICE, USB 2.0 HOST, USB 2.0 OTG, HDMI, and Audio Codec (Stereo Speaker and MIC Interfaces)
- Memories – SD Socket, SPI Flash, I2C Flash, NAND Flash, SO-DIMM DDR2
- Connectors – ARM Debug, RS232, I2C, SPI, and GPIO
- Additional 4x DDR3 Memory peripheral included with Xilinx Zynq